The Fashion Hothouse, Ireland’s leading garment development and production company, would like to invite participants to take part in the inaugural ‘Graduate Fashion Designer Award 2015′, supported by the Irish Daily Mail and Evoke.ie.
Independently adjudicated by fashion designer Helen Steele, the competition aims to help final year students in the run up to their last college collection and beyond.
- The Winner will have their submitted design made free of charge*, a professional photo shoot for their finished collection with award winning fashion photographer Emily Quinn and stylist Jill Anderson and a 30% discount on the production of their professional collection.
- 2nd Place will have their submitted design made free of charge.
- 3rd Place will receive a discount of 60% discount on the production of their submitted design.
- Readers Choice – this is a special category, in which Evoke.ie readers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite design. Fans can vote for their favorite design on Evoke.ie from 24/04/2015. Evoke readers who voted for the winning designer will be entered into a draw, and the winner will receive a custom-made professional outfit, comprising of a suit jacket and trousers.
The competition opens 07/04/2015 at 12pm and closes 05/05/2015 at 5pm, with the winner being announced via Facebook on 08/05/2015.
Competition deadline extended until 05/05/2015
- Send this completed spec sheet, to info [at] fashionhothouse [dot] com before 05/05/2015
- Like and Share the Fashion Hothouse on Facebook
The Fashion Hothouse and Students
The Fashion Hothouse has been a proud and constant supporter of Irish Fashion Students since we opened our doors in 2011. We believe in the creativity and future of homegrown talent, whose work never ceases to inspire us and renew our faith in, and dedication to, the industry. We’ve always sought to lend a helping hand to the next generation of Irish designers and have maintained a discount on all of our services for students since our inception (more details can be seen on the Student Pricelist).
With a combined experience of well over a century in the business, the Fashion Hothouse can complete any project with impeccable craftsmanship and an unparalleled turnaround. Some of our machines include: • 5 Thread over locker • 4 Thread over locker • Babylocker • Coverstitch machine • 4 Sewing machines • Button sewing machine • 2 Buttonhole machine • Boiler and irons • Blind Hem machine • Fusing Press • 2 Cutting tables • Straight blade cutting machine.
With a creative eye that transcends the barriers of artistic genres, Helen Steele is very much one of Ireland’s living legends. Both a painter and designer, her work blends an almost primordial spirit, expressed in daring color choices and audacious cuts, with the refined precision of a master craftsperson. Steele is an artist who embodies the spirit of living locally but thinking internationally.
Her work has not only held a place at iconic shows like London and Paris Fashion Weeks, but can also be seen in the homes of European Royalty and legends of the cinema.
*Competition Terms and Conditions
- All prizes exclude fabric. Winners can either provide their own material or acquire the necessary fabric through the Fashion Hothouse.
- The Fashion Hothouse will not provide the necessary trimmings for the winners’ designs (zips, buttons, etc.) but will provide thread.
- The Fashion Hothouse does not specialize in hand-embellishing/surface detail. Any hand-embellishing/surface detail can be done by the student after we have made the shell of the garment.
- For the photoshoot, a professional model will be provided in accordance with the winner’s specifications.
- Entrants must be in their final year of study.
- Entrants must complete all aspects of the entrance process no later than 5pm on 22/04/2015.
- Winning designs and artists’ names may be used for publicity campaigns.